“Kom005.site pop-up” warning:
The last website you visited has infected your computer with a virus.
Click OK to begin the repair process.
**If you leave this site your computer will remain damaged and vulnerable**
Kom005.site is a deceptive website that throws fake pop-up alerts on your MAC OS. It states, “Virus Found” System scan should be started immediately to free the PC from viruses rather these viruses will permanently damage the system, data and applications. It also scares users by saying not to leave the site and quickly follow the recommended actions to remove the viruses. But there is no any truth to it and just a trick to attempt installing any Adware program that will take the control of your online activities to accomplish various illegal tasks.
Kom005.site redirect pop-up window appears when the browser infected or user unknowingly visits any malicious web domain. Its prime motive is to scare users by showing full-window pop-up alert stating to install dubious applications to promote them.
Such kind of pop-ups must not be trusted as it is not going to serve the said purpose and instead will flood the whole browser with plenty of pop-up advertisements, sponsored links and banners within the searches performed by the user on the infected browser. Thus, you need to quickly remove the Adware program controlling your browser to get rid of Kom005.site pop-ups. It is also advised not to attempt any recommended actions on Kom005.site website as it will lead to more damaging situations.
Technical Details of “Kom005.site pop-up”
|Type||Fake tech scam redirect page|
|Description||“Kom005.site pop-up” shows security pop-ups to scare users and ask them to call on a Tech support number.|
|Occurrence||Freeware installation, Visiting suspicious websites, Browser Redirection and spam mail attachments.|
|Possible Symptoms||Deliver of Fake error warnings, avoid visiting useful web address, Change of browser settings and adding up start-up codes to Registry Editor.|
|Detection Tool||Download the Detection tool– To confirm attack of “Kom005.site pop-up” pop-up virus on your MAC computer.|
- Warning:System may have found malicious program running.
- Alert! Private Data might be exposed.
- Warning: System had detected errors click to fix now.
- System Running Slow.
- Actions Required! Threat Detected.
Not only pop-ups or you may also listen to any audio from the background that asks you to perform some immediate actions. Although, these warnings may appear legitimate but these can be nightmare for any user infected with setting safari.com pop-ups as they can further worsen the circumstance by dropping other malicious programs.
Intrusive Method of “`Kom005.site pop-up”
- Download Of Freeware, Shareware and drive-by-downloads from unknown sources.
- Visiting malicious links like pornographic, torrents, suspicious pop-ups so on.
- Opening spam e-mail attachments arrived from unverified person or source.
- Peer-to-Peer Sharing of files, Playing online games, downloading pirated software, infected media devices.
- Updating existing programs/applications from redirected links.
Typical Symptoms of “Kom005.site pop-up”
- “Kom005.site pop-up” inserts its malicious code into executable files on the infected system to execute automatically.
- “Kom005.site pop-up” overrides crucial registry entries causing permanent damage.
- “Kom005.site pop-up” modifies browser settings like Homepage, Search provider and DNS.
- “Kom005.site pop-up” throws fake security alerts, pop-ups and warnings.
- “Kom005.site pop-up” consumes all the available resources of the system making the performance dull.
Manual Removal of Kom005.site pop-up
Step-1 Removal Unwanted Extensions/Add-ons from browsers
- Open Safari on your Mac, select the Safari dropdown menu and click the Preferences button.
- Choose the Extensions/ plugins you need to remove, then click on Uninstall button.
- Now Reset the default search engine and homepage, select “Preferences“, go to the “General” tab and change the “Default Search Engine” to Google. Then, in the “General” tab, find the “Home Page” and change it to “google.com”.
- Click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines () .When the drop-down menu appears, select the option labeled Settings.
- In the Chrome’s Settings Tab scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show advanced settings link.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear, select “Reset”.
Step-2 Removal Unwanted Applications and their associated files from Mac OS
- Force quit the infected Safari by Click key Command + Option + Esc at the same time to lanunch the Force Quit Applications window
- Go to Applications > Look for Unknown Programs that relate to Kom005.site pop-up, then move it to the trash.
- Next and the most important step is to locate malicious file entries from the library and delete them. Press Command+Shift+G at a time to go to Folder and then library. or
Finder > Go > Go to Folder) and type in ~/Library to temporarily access the Library directory in the Finder
To delete the harmful files, you have to check a number of system folders to find them. Moreover, the files might be different from the below ones since they can vary as time goes by.
/Library/Application Support/Kom005.site pop-up/
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Kom005.site pop-upNPAPIPlugin.plugin
Sometimes, the unwanted programs runs within the background and not allows the manual removal. However, if removed can regenerate itself hidden registry keys. Thus it is better to remove it automatically.
Automatic Removal of Unwanted Extensions or Plugins from Safari browser with Mackeeper
Mackeeper is a Powerful application to clean, protect and optimize your Mac with simple and user friendly design.
What Mackeeper does for your PC
- Safely remove massive volumes of junk from your Mac.
- Prevent unwanted access to your confidential files.
- Protect your Mac from spyware, data loss and even theft.
- MacKeeper tech experts are ready to assist you 24/7.
Just follow 3 steps to Remove all unwanted programs from your PC along with optimizing Your MAC OS.
- Download MacKeeper to your Mac.
- Follow two easy steps to install MacKeeper.
- Drag the MacKeeper icon from the Applications folder to your Dock.