A simple guide to get rid of pop-ups from Chrome browser
Pop-ups and unwanted Ads are too much annoying, as they never let you surf freely. They pop-up in the middle of nowhere and distract you from your activity. Apart from being annoying and disturbing, these pop-ups and ads can be risky as they might drop any harmful program or virus, if accidentally got clicked.
But don’t worry “there is always a solution for a problem”-we just need to find the right one for us.
So, here is the step-by-step guide how you can easily stop annoying pop-ups appearing on your Chrome browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots appearing on the top-right corner of the browser. Now navigate to settings.
- A new window will open, you can simply type the URL “chrome://settings/content?search=content+settings” on the “search settings” box appearing on top.
Now click on the “Content Settings”(Control what information websites can use and what content they can show you).
- Navigate through the menu and click on “PopUp”.
- You can block/allow pop-ups by using the toggle switch. Turn off the toggle switch if it says “Allowed”.
- You can also manage sites you do not want to appear on the browser(edit,block,remove).
- Now, go back to “Content settings” and choose “Ads”.
- Turn the toggle off if it says “Allowed” (Blocked is recommended).
- Now clear browsing history data.
- Close the window and scan your computer for any virus or harmful program(recommended).
- Now restart your browser.