What is ‘Windows Activation Pro’ warnings message?
‘Windows Activation Pro’ is a tricky and scamming program that has the only motive to steal your personal data. You might have seen ‘Windows Activation Pro’ pop-up appearing upon your desktop as well as browser while doing any kind of task. The pop-up message by ‘Windows Activation Pro’ is something like this:
Windows Activation Pro
Product Key Customer Support:
Your computer is suspected of malicious software, for the purpose of verification enter your Windows Activation Pro. You will find your product key on the box that Windows Dvd came in or in the welcome email or on the certificate of authenticity stick.
It looks similar to this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Although, this message might look legitimate but you should not trust on them. It will ask your window’s licence key for some verification process. You should aware of the fact that it is nowhere related to Microsoft and they will never ask you for your licence key like such tricky approaches. ‘Windows Activation Pro’ also provides you with a phone number but avoid calling on them. Windows Activation Pro’ pop-ups must be removed as soon as possible with the help of effective anti-malware tool.
Effects of ‘Windows Activation Pro’ pop-up virus
- It can disable the security of the attacked Pc making it vulnerable for outside threats.
- It will push other third party extensions and add-ons program that makes the browser slow and sluggish
- It will not allow to do any kind of task on your PC until you act on its pop-ups.
- It can allow hacker to steal your important data without being noticed.
What you can do to end ‘Windows Activation Pro’ pop-ups
- Click on the “cmd” button which you can see in the ‘Windows Activation Pro’ pop-up screen. This will open command prompt window.
- In the command prompt window, You need to type “taskmgr” and press “Enter”. Once you will press enter Task manager window will open.
- Task manager window will show the list of processes running on your PC. You need to select
“Productkeyupdate.exe” and click on “End Process”.
- Now close the Task manger window and again come back to command prompt window.
In the command prompt window type “explorer” and press “Enter”.
- In the search bar copy and paste the given address “C:\Program Files (x86)\Productkeyupdate”.
- Right click on the “Productkeyupdate(.exe) and click on delete.”
- Now again close the explorer window and once again in the command prompt window type “shutdown -r” and press enter.
- A prompt window will appear “Windows will shut down within the next minute.” Click on close.
- Now Reboot your PC and download the Spyhunter Anti-spyware tool to ensure the complete removal and detect and remove all registry entries associated with ‘Windows Activation Pro’ pop-up virus
and repair the damages of the PC.
SpyHunter 4 Features
Spyhunter 4 Compact OS allows your computer system to boot without windows so removal of malware and other stubborn infections may be easy.
Spyhunter System Guards will identify and block any malicious processes in real-time. Besides it allow to take full control of all processes that run on your computer.
The brand new advantage of the software is this feature providing the list of even the most malicious malware. After a complete and advanced system scan is conducted, the user can quickly have all system threats removed – even the ones which were not found by other anti-spyware programs.
It is important to emphasize that the systems having Spyhunter installed are protected from all types of existing malware. The program traces and completely deletes adware, spyware, keyloggers, rootkits and other threats including trojans and worms. None of the malware is now able to steal your personal data and use it against you.